Every day is a chance for change!

by - 10:48 PM

Everyday is a chance for change, isn't it? There are so many times that I tell myself I am going to pursue something, but end up hesitating or not trying at all due to uncertainty and fear. This past year has been a year of learning lessons and reflection. In more recent weeks, I have surprised myself with what I am capable of doing and what I am capable of envisioning.

To those of you who don't know I am a college student pursuing my Bachelors of Science in Retail & Fashion Management. Now, now, before you begin your thoughts of, "You're going to school to become a manager?"...NO, I AM NOT. It was really a poor label the school has assigned to us fashion majors! It really places a stigma! Getting back on track... For a while I have been feeling uninspired and had lost all motivation to complete my degree. I had so much tension, worries, and fear of completing it. Various events happened, and I realized the root of my problem... Well, not root, but it certainly affected my drive and passion.

I am a person who thrives on competition, independent activity, and for the most part solitude. There was just something in my life that was just holding me back and creating a negative space for growth. There was certainly a lot of love and support, but not the drive I needed to keep myself motivated. I do not regret that period of my life; because I just view it as one of the many wonderful experiences I have been blessed with in this life. I have been released from it and I couldn't be more excited for what is in store for me from here on out.

My head is turning around into the right direction again. I know that I am capable of pushing myself to extremes. If I am not suffering enough, I am not working as hard as I should be to get to where I want to be. I will keep moving forward, reflecting on myself, improving myself, and all of which will make be better. I have visions which I will create into realities. I am independent, I am strong, I will overcome anything. Everyday, I want to remind myself and others of what they're capable of. So let us all keep pushing and searching for our answers and finding our places in life. It may take some time, trial, and error, but we will get there.

Good luck everyone & see you soon~!

You May Also Like

0 comments